Supportive and Confidential
Many of us can benefit from the understanding and support of a skilled and reliable person at challenging times in our lives. This support can help us make sense of some of our thoughts, feelings and behaviours. I believe the overall aim of therapy is to provide people with space to talk and reflect on issues in their life that feel important, and also ones that are possibly causing distress. I see my role as a therapist as building trusting and effective working relationships with people and providing a safe environment where they can gain further awareness, alongside exploring ways in which they can better cope or manage.
1.4 million people referred to NHS mental health therapy in 2017.
One in four people will be affected by mental or neurological disorders at some point in their lives.
Patients with severe depression benefit as much from psychological therapy as they do from pills.
Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality
Qualified, Experienced and Professional
Counselling and Therapy
If you choose to work with me, we’d arrange to meet at a convenient time for our first session. We would sensitively explore your issue or problem based on my experience and also your knowledge of yourself. We would then discuss and decide how best that we could work together. During these early stages we would typically agree on what you wished to gain from of our sessions and what you require from me.
My work with people can be either short or long-term depending on what best suits a person’s individual need. I provide a variety of therapies including Counselling, CBT and EMDR. Please click on the tab ‘Services’ for brief descriptions of how I provide these services. I work with individuals who are experiencing issues relating to depression, health, low self-esteem, work related stress, anxiety, abuse, anger, trauma, sexuality, bereavement and loss and many other problem areas (please see the list below). I also work with individuals who are experiencing relationship difficulties perhaps as a result of the issues mentioned.
I consider myself to be a grounded practitioner who respects peoples’ values, culture, existing skills and autonomy. I also firmly believe that we are all capable of making productive changes when we are ready and able.
Areas I Work With
Bereavement & Loss
Faith / Belief issues
Infidelity / Affairs
Lack of direction
Life changing experiences
Miscarriage / Stillbirth
Road traffic accidents
Sense of failure
Suicidal thoughts or planning
Unexplained / paranormal
Work related stress
+ Other presenting issues
Discreet and Accessible Locations
I work from two locations, Birmingham and Stafford.
Both of my offices are comfortable and discreet and there are free parking spaces nearby each location
“I prefer to think of my patients and myself as fellow travellers, a term that abolishes distinctions between ‘them’ (the afflicted) and ‘us’ (the healers). … We are all in this together, and there is no therapist and no person immune to the inherent tragedies of existence.” – Irvin Yalom.
- “You provided the neutral space for us to listen to each other without shouting. It is still tough sometimes but we are remembering to listen.“
- “We cannot thank you enough for the care that you have given ******* He came to you a very poorly man and you have taught him how to cope with his depression. He is again the supportive, attentive, happy, dependable man that we thought we’d lost.”
- “My friends at school have told me that they are not scared of me anymore and they think I’ve changed for the better.”
- “After feeling really nervous initially, I began to look forward to coming to your office. I know that I need to stand up and face the world on my own again and I’m now ready to move forward.”
- “I have seen a few therapists over the years, none have been so ‘real’ as you…keep up the good work Jamie.”
- “I can’t believe that my life is no longer controlled by the anxiety that invaded me some years ago. Your belief in me and your support and guidance has enabled me to find my way through…thanks for everything!”
- “Having been through counselling previously, I was sceptical to try again, the work that Jamie has done with me has genuinely made me a more stable & understanding person and allowed me to move forwards in life, happier with the belief to succeed.”
- “Since coming to see you I have changed my diet, stopped drinking, smoking, taking drugs, can run 10k, have fallen in love with my football club again, repaired the relationship with my father and now appreciate that people actually love my personality, not the way I look.”